We’re looking for a Customer Support Consultant to join our team!
Harnessing the power of our technology platform, we’re constantly challenging the way organisations communicate and engage with their employees. Our digital solution is the perfect way for clients to reach every employee (regardless of job level, location or mobile device) – and we need you to help us make this process as seamless as possible!
Are you curious about new platforms and technologies? Do you desire to deliver world-class customer service? Are you excited by the idea of owning a problem and providing a quick resolution? Can you deal with ambiguity and keep up with the pace of a company whose cycles are measured in hours, not weeks?
The customer support consultant will work as part of a support team delivering 24/7 1st level support to our global customer base. Support will be delivered via chat, telephone, email, and our internal service desk. The support consultant is expected to learn the Wyzetalk content management system, to enable them to understand the problem, and in some cases even solve the query with the customer. Additionally, during quiet times, the consultant will be required to create support materials such as FAQs, support documentation and also to assist the Quality Assurance, Testing and Professional Services teams.
Initially it is expected that the support consultant will work 12 hour shifts, 3 days on, 3 days off, 3 nights on, 3 nights off, etc. Over time, the timing, frequency, and length of the shifts may change as the team grows, and support requirements change. Due to the shift nature of the work, the candidate is required to have their own transport.
Customer Service Skills
- Ability to interact with customers over multiple channels at the same time, including chat, telephone, email, and our service desk.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, as the consultant must be able to handle concurrent interactions with multiple customers
- Strong telephone, and written communication skills, including customer facing etiquette
- Be able to work with customers to identify issues that may be complex, erratic, and difficult to recreate
- Able to communicate without using jargon, and explain complex concepts simply
- Must have patience, enjoy working with customers, and enjoy solving problems
- Be able to use judgement and common sense to answer customer questions
- Basic understanding of device platforms (desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, streaming devices), compression software, digital services and associated technical terminologies
- Experience using windows, email, word, excel, powerpoint
- Experience creating training materials such as manuals, video, FAQs etc would be advantageous.
Minimum Required Skills
- Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Must have a caring and empathetic demeanour
- Ability to use effective questions and to demonstrate active listening
- Good comprehension skills – ability to clearly understand the issues customers present
- Good telephonic skills
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Completed Grade 12 / NQF Level 4 / Matric
- SA Citizen / Permanent Resident
- 3 months' experience in a technical or customer support environment
- Previous experience in a customer service environment beneficial
As soon as possible
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org