We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Finance team! Wyzetalk is a leading employee engagement solution enabling organisations to communicate with their workforce on any mobile device, anywhere in the world. When employees are authentically engaged, it transforms how they experience, understand and interact with the organisation. This leads to increased productivity and profitability for the business, and a workforce inspired to bring their best to the job, every day.
DevOps assimilates development and operations teams to improve the collaboration and deployment processes.
A DevOps Engineer will work with developers to facilitate better coordination among operations, development, and testing functions by automating and streamlining the integration and deployment processes.
The short term requirement is to understand and maintain the private data center environment.
The medium term focus of the job will be to utilise Kubernetes and orchestration expertise to implement the current and future requirements in a sustainable, scalable and maintainable way.
In the short term there are sysadmin requirements needed to facilitate the move to the cloud infrastructure. Sysadmin will become a secondary requirement when the system is fully deployed to a cloud provider.
Key areas of responsibility
- A firm knowledge of various computer programming languages.
- Must understand the basics of software development languages and be familiar with the development tools used to create new code or update the existing app.
- Having a thorough knowledge of IT operations and sysadmin roles in order to strategize the entire integration and deployment process is beneficial.
- Experience in software code testing and deployment
- A thorough knowledge of software development through automation tools.
- A firm grounding in the agile methodology of project management
- Able to work in a private or a public cloud set-up with ease and deploy the necessary infrastructure and virtualization
- Able to deploy the acquired knowledge of the IT network and storage concepts.
- Ability to connect to technical and business goals
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Bash, Python, NodeJS.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org