Established in 1937, our client is a global automotive manufacturing conglomerate with independent operations in South Africa and other countries worldwide. Our client operates autonomously in South Africa employing over 8000 people with 75% of its workforce being frontline workers. The South African operation recently won a tender to develop one of the conglomerate’s new vehicle models and distribute it globally.
Following strike action within the automotive industry in Durban, our client found themselves in the midst of a crisis. In order to get employees back to work as soon as possible, they desperately needed a means to communicate with their staff in a very short space of time, at no cost to the employee.
Wyzetalk was able to instantly put a crisis communications solution into action.
We worked closely with the HR, Communications, and Senior Leadership teams in order to bring the solution to fruition and, within one day of receiving the brief from our client, we were able to get the ball rolling by setting up their domain, importing employee data, rolling out interactive video content, ensuring that the solution would be data-free for the employees, and launching the solution virally to expedite the communication process.
- Unsuccessful attempts to communicate with employees via various channels were resolved easily via the Wyzetalk digital solution.
- Rapid onboarding and launch ensured that the message reached all employees quickly and effectively.
- Stress on internal systems and processes were alleviated and staff were returning to work within 5 days following the deployment of the crisis communications solution.
- Our client is now able to communicate effectively with a largely dispersed workforce.
- 88% of employees have registered and are actively using the solution.
- Wyzetalk now continues to work with our client to streamline and digitise processes across multiple departments and business units.