We’re looking for a Senior Financial & Reporting Accountant to join our Finance team! Wyzetalk is a leading employee engagement solution enabling organisations to communicate with their workforce on any mobile device, anywhere in the world. When employees are authentically engaged, it transforms how they experience, understand and interact with the organisation. This leads to increased productivity and profitability for the business, and a workforce inspired to bring their best to the job, every day.
The main purpose of the role is the maintenance of the financial records of the Group’s newly established Netherlands structure, from transaction source to trial balance level, as well as providing assistance with Group internal reporting initiatives (including monthly management reporting and analysis of consolidated results) and assisting the South African finance team with ad-hoc projects and requests.
Financial accounting and administration – Netherlands
- Full bookkeeping and other financial processing functions.
- Payment runs.
- Debtors and cash management.
- All reconciliations, registers and working papers relating to trial balance accounts.
- Manage HR, statutory and other compliance related projects and deadlines with service providers.
- Deliver accurate and reconciled trial balances ready for monthly reporting processes.
- Assist with the design and implementation of sound and efficient internal controls.
- Assist with the year end audit process.
Financial and management reporting – Netherlands and South Africa
- Assist with the compilation of monthly management reports using financial and non-financial information from various data sources (actual vs budget; cash flow forecasting; other key performance metrics).
- Critically examine financial information for accuracy, unusual trends and anomalies to ensure alignment of actual performance vs results reported.
- Assist with the Group budget process.
- Assist SA finance team with special projects as they arise, such as internal compliance reviews, technical research on various topics, managing relationships between departments, improving internal controls.
- Drive and manage the alignment between SA and NL finance teams across all functional areas, including financial reporting and internal controls and processes.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent accounting, budgeting and reporting knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- Responsible, accountable and takes ownership.
- Strong work ethic and drive to exceed expectations.
- Self-aware and high emotional intelligence.
- B.Com (Hons) Accounting & articles.
- International financial reporting and compliance exposure.
- Technical Accounting and Taxation experience.
- Three to five years post-articles experience in an international group reporting environment.
- Advanced Excel skills.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com