The Purpose of the Job
Take responsibility for the commercial strategy and oversee the commercial operations of Wyzetalk. It involves activities relating to marketing, sales and customer service to drive business growth and market share.
Key Areas of Responsibility
For this job, the most critical areas of responsibility (Key Performance Areas –KPA’s) are:
- Drive the development and execution of the business’ commercial strategy in line with business and product strategy. This includes the sales and pricing strategy.
- Develop and execute a marketing and communications strategy that feeds into the sales and commercial strategy.
- Identify and develop partner/resellers strategy and opportunities to enhance market reach.
Marketing and Communications Management
- Oversee the development and implementation of a Marketing and Communications strategy.
- Ensure the delivery of market insight reports reflecting market demand (which markets to address, funding, resources and distribution strategies) and marketing campaigns.
- Oversee the development and implementation of an annual research plan encompassing market, competitor, buyer and client data aligned to business development objectives
- Oversee the design & execution of internal communications campaigns including ensuring that the organisation is aligned to deliver the brand promise.
- Oversee the development and implementation of an annual events calendar to drive brand awareness and differentiation including webinars, learning circles, company attendance at 3rd party conferences and awards.
- Generate awareness of the company’s vision with a range of interested parties including shareholders, investors, partners, media and customers.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the sales and commercial strategy.
- Be accountable for the sales operations team’s outputs to keep CRM system updated.
- Be accountable for sales reporting to Exco and Board.
- Be accountable for identifying and management of upsells and additional sales opportunities/growth at existing clients.
- Set sales targets and sales operational targets and outputs to align with the business strategy.
Reseller Management (Partnerships)
- Manage existing reseller agreements (contracting, commercial arrangements and new business).
- Identifying new partners/resellers.
- Implement contractual agreements with new partners.
- Develop an annual budget for the sales and marketing division.
- Ensure divisional adherence to budget parameters.
People and Culture Management
- Recruitment and selection of sales and marketing personnel.
- Drive effective performance management within the division.
- Ensure the retention of critical skills.
- Drive development and succession planning.
- Drive improvements in divisional culture and staff satisfaction
- A proven leader with an outstanding track record gained delivering software solutions, accessing customers in both private and public companies across multiple verticals, most likely in a similar Chief Commercial Officer, Senior Commercial Manager, Director of Business Unit or Sales Director role.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and executing innovative commercialisation strategies in early-stage companies.
- The ability to build a team of outstanding talent and demonstrate exceptional sales growth.
- Experience of designing contractual agreements for software development and user licenses.
- Sufficient technical and contractual knowledge to make appropriate decisions around IP ownership.
- Launching commercial opportunities; identified by significantly increasing sales volume/product listings.
- Independent / Autonomous
- Balance detail orientation with big-picture thinking
- Time management (prioritization)
- Agile and able to cope with pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent client orientation
- MS Office is crucial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project and time management skills
- Minimum Qualifications
- Undergraduate degrees in business, marketing, or management.
Undergraduate degrees in business, marketing, or management.
Wyzetalk is the leading digital employee engagement platform that connects large organisations with their non-desk workforce to improve communication, increase engagement and to drive business performance. The power of feeling included and valued, receiving correct and relevant information and being asked for feedback brings the employee into the centre of the business.
We are already grounded in South Africa (with 100 FTE) and now expanding our business to Europe. For the last 10 years, we have consistently seen that when a business chooses to connect, communicate, and engage with its people, there is a remarkable shift in how employees feel and engage with the business.