Full Stack Developer.
Purpose of the job
The purpose of the Full Stack Developer focus will be on the design and development of platform features, analyses of current product technical requirements and development of standardised interfaces. Furthermore, the focus will also be on building and working on enterprise grade software systems, as part of an agile team. Contribute to team mentorship and growth by positive interaction with team members.
Key areas of responsibility
For this job, the most critical areas of responsibility (Key Performance Areas – KPA’s) are:
- Software Development
- QA and Testing
- Team and Collaboration
- Design and Architecture
Job activities and tasks
- Where applicable, perform detailed analysis on new features, and develop technical specifications and design documents.
- Translate software requirements into concise and robust code by developing, maintaining and supporting effective solutions. This includes process and system design, development, and testing of own code.
- Use common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Use your knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- Use your knowledge of containerisation to create and maintain Docker containers.
- Apply your knowledge to primary systems based on NodeJS, Express, React, Redux, Typescript, Webpack.
- Interact with and develop against MongoDb as the primary database.
- Interact with PostgreSQL as a secondary database.
- Interact and contribute to an ElasticSearch cluster.
- Interact with secondary systems built with Angular/Angular JS.
QA & Testing
- Assist QA and Support departments by debugging and fixing bugs on an ongoing basis.
- Unite testing of all working code.
Team & Collaboration
- Contribute to the team by mentoring Junior Developers on Wyzetalk specific systems & processes, as well as best development practices, processes, and technologies.
- Continually strive to improve personal and team productivity through contributing improvements to processes and systems.
Design & Architecture
- Develop technical aspects according to project specifications.
- Adhere to Wyzetalk software development standards and processes along with industry best practices for delivery of scalable and high-quality software.
- Evaluate projects, develop and update schedules and supervise project status against project deadlines.
- Follow In house development processes, which includes working closely with product management, and the QA department.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- 3-year degree in IT / Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable institution with software development as a main focus in the programme.
- 3+ years’ experience in widely adopted programming languages and browser scripting languages.
Wyzetalk is the leading digital employee engagement platform that connects large organisations with their non-desk workforce to improve communication, increase engagement and to drive business performance. The power of feeling included and valued, receiving correct and relevant information and being asked for feedback brings the employee into the centre of the business.
We are already grounded in South-Africa (with 100 FTE) and now expanding our business to Europe. For the last 10 years, we have consistently seen that when a business chooses to connect, communicate, and engage with their people, there is a remarkable shift in how employees feel and engage with the business.