Product Owner Data.
What we do
At Wyzetalk we have one mission: to enable frontline workers worldwide to thrive. How? By offering companies a direct connection to their workforce, wherever they are and on any device. Making a connection should be effortless and quick which means that we need to empower our clients to do just that – using our extensive platform to reach out in multiple languages and through multiple channels, whether that is email, notification or video in our user app, a digital training, a survey, or a smart text message.
Here at Wyzetalk, we are constantly looking to improve. We are currently researching the rebuilding of our product to allow for scalable growth and self-service. In the short term, this means we will be transforming our product to onboard new clients while continuing to support existing ones. In the longer term, we will be migrating our existing clients to our refined product.
Data is a core component of our product. The current focus of our data team is to migrate existing consumer usage dashboards and reports to a new system. As well as supporting data requests. Our next and crucial focus will be on creating value and impact from data.
Together with the tech lead, we expect the product owner to devise a data strategy to deliver data insights efficiently and effectively. The main stakeholders for the data team are product and customer success teams.
Who you work with
You will report directly to the Chief Product Officer. The team currently consists of a lead engineer, data engineers and support engineers. You will work closely with the Product Owners of other teams as well as with the Tech Lead and Systems Architect, and with the Product Manager who is the link between the customer success and product development teams.
What we expect from you
- You are able to translate and break down a data strategy to tactical epics and operational items for the backlog
- You can adjust the strategy against the business strategy on changing market conditions
- You size, create or challenge commercial opportunities together with the CPO, Product Manager, Sales and the Customer Success team
- You regularly update, convince and manage your direct stakeholders (CPO, Product Manager, Sales, Customer Success and clients)
- You understand the wider user engagement market and product development life cycle
- You are able to validate the unique selling points of the product with users and change them if needed
- You are able to organize, lead and build a multi-disciplinary team (UX, developers, QA) around the product
What do you bring?
- Solid knowledge of Scrum / Agile process and principles
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience in goal and priority setting and business value determination (business cases, commercial sizing)
- Experience in defining product metrics, measuring them and acting on insights
- Experience in stakeholder management, able to win stakeholders to achieve product goals
- Experience in using UX testing and prototyping to build your product
- Sharp analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm and energy to your daily work, inspiring your team and other product owners
- You are living and working in South Africa
What we offer you
- Working with talented and smart colleagues with a lot of room to grow
- Lots of responsibility and autonomy to execute the product strategy and achieve the product goals
- The opportunity to join a team focused on the best user experience and value
- A budget for personal growth and development
- Flexibility regarding working hours, working from home, etc.
- The opportunity to play a critical role in scaling this organisation